In the heart of Gorkha Bazaar lies the museum in an old palace. The palace was built in 1896 BS and was known as Tallo Durbar (Palace in lower side) which was later transformed into museum. The museum encompasses a wide spectrum of historical artifacts dating as far back as to the days of Prithvi Narayan Shah and his predecessors. One can find cannons, rifles, arrows, spears, and the traditional “panas”. “panche baja”, “chaityas” and other ancient relics with several paintings, horoscope, religious-economic gallery depicting the historical, religious, ethnographic, natural and other important objects.